Officer for its program in Iraq, based in Baghdad.
The Sr. Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for providing Logistical support activities
to the Operations Team.
• Request adequate funds on a monthly basis from the Operations Manager for operational expenses.
Complete a weekly reconciliation of all funds in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
• Maintain a daily Quicken software account and Cashier Book to accurately account for all funds
disbursed and received on a daily basis.
• Review all documentation from staff, vendors, contractors, security personnel, etc for exactness and
authenticity before any funds are authorized for release.
• Work with the Administrative Manager and Finance Manager on collecting all national staff time
sheets on a bi-weekly basis and reviewing them for accuracy.
• Work with the Administrative Manager and Finance Manager on calculating any outstanding annual
leave and severance payments.
• Assist the Finance Manager on preparing all documentation such as Cash Disbursement forms,
Purchase Requests, Invoices, Delivery Notes, Contracts, etc that must be sent to HQ on a regular
• Assist the Operations Manager in carrying out spot checks on NDI assets and properties on a regular
• Work with the Finance Sub-Grants Manager on sub-grant tasks during periods of heightened program
• Perform other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor even when this often requires completing
tasks after unconventional working hours.
• Bachelor degree in Logistics Management/business administration, master degree is preferred.
• At least three years of prior professional experience with international NGOs in a similar post
• Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic.
• Operational knowledge of Financial software programs and Microsoft Office software.
• Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing professional environment with a view towards
establishing administrative procedures and protocol that will ensure optimal functioning of the
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
• Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion
• Ability and willingness to work and travel throughout Iraq.
• Interested candidates should complete a CV with an application letter forward it electronically at the
following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please indicate the post you are applying for.
• Only applicants who are short-listed will receive an acknowledgement within two weeks from the
deadline for submission of applications.
• The dead line for receiving the application is 10:00 am on December 23rd, 2009.
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs seeks a Sub-Grants Program Officer
for its program in Iraq, based in Erbil.
The Sub-Grants Program Officer will be responsible for providing support activities to the Civil
Society Program Team.
• Serve as the main point of contact for NDI-Iraq civil society Sub-Grant program.
• Work in close cooperation with other NDI Civil Society and Finance department staff to
coordinate all aspects of Sub-Grant program components.
• Assist in developing strategies in cooperation with other NDI-Iraq staff for Sub-Grant
solicitation and selection of proposals.
• Liaise with NDI Regional Coordinators to ensure effective monitoring of Sub-Grantee
performance and compliance with NDI regulations.
• Assist in developing and delivering trainings in proposal development and grant
management, donor relations and fundraising to complement sub-grant awards,
• Coordinating different steps of grant program selection of NGOs, participating in proposal
writing training, coordinating panel review, contacting organizations, and coordinate -
program with DC Sub-Grants team.
• Liaise with NDI Iraq Finance team to track Sub-grant projects cash flow and check that all
expenses and receipts are in line with budget and project activities.
• Coordinate and assist in training for awarded NGOs and follow up with all coordinators and
for NGOs all over Iraq.
• Create forms and follow up process regarding monitoring and evaluation.
• Provide help and advice to other civil society programs when requested.
• Excellent verbal and written English, Arabic abilities (Kurdish Language is a plus).
• At least 3 years of work experience, preferably with International NGO’s or with LNGO’s in a
• Demonstrated experience in interpretation for meetings and conferences – both in formal and
• University degree from a recognized college or university.
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills.
• Experience in organizing a complex office.
• Ability to work outside regular office hours, including weekends.
• Ability to maintain complete discretion at all times.
• Interested candidates should complete a CV with an application letter forward it
electronically to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
• Please indicate the post you are applying for.
• Only applicants who are short-listed will receive an acknowledgment within two weeks from
the deadline for submission of applications.
• The dead line for receiving the application is 10:00 am on Sunday Dec 20th, 2009.