Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.theIRC.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and
post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is
currently working in over 25 conflict zones around the world, addressing both the immediate and life saving needs of
conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.IRC seeks to fill the
following Vacant Positions:
Job Title: Education Program Officer
Location: Erbil, Iraq
Scope of Work
The Education Officer will be responsible for day to day implementation for the education program. He / She will conduct site-visits,
prepare reports, and provide data for IRC projects work closely with Iraqi government officials and community members. Travel to
field sites is required for this program.
· Training of local partner education staff.
· Development of educational materials for primary education programs
· Monitoring and evaluation of education programs visiting project sites regularly.
· Liaison with governmental, NGO and UN agencies.
· Translation of education materials from English to Arabic and vis versa
· Will conduct project site-visits as necessary
· Coordinate with other staff through regular meetings.
· Will develop draft analytical reports for submission to designated projects.
· Qualification and experience as a school teacher.
· Excellent writing skills, Kurdish and English.
· Ability to travel throughout Iraq.
· At least 2 years of professional experience working with NGOs or education development sector
· Strong organizational and communication skills.
· Strong English language skills.
Qualified Candidates should submit Cover Letters with their CVs attached electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with
indicating the position they are applying for in the subject of the email. Applications should be received by 04 February 2010 but
not later than 5:00 pm.